As of Tuesday, Rose is 15 months old. I can’t believe it. She’s obsessed with my phone lately, so I’ve been showing her videos of herself when she was just a tiny little newborn that cried all the time…it is so crazy to see how much she’s grown and changed since then. She doesn’t enjoy the videos nearly as much as I do, but I still show them to her every time she brings me the phone. Anyway, at 15 months old, here are a few things she’s up to:
1. Still only saying a few words, and “mama” is not one of them. Her newest words are “baby” and “cat”. And if you ask what a puppy says, she’ll reply “bup bup bup” (in a really high pitched voice), and a horse says “hmmmmm” (that one actually sounds more like a growl, but she’s trying).
2. Kissing anything and anyone. It is really sweet, but sometimes gross. Mostly the people-kissing isn’t that bad, but if she sees any kind of animal on anything (library books, toys at church, packages at the grocery store), she will kiss it.
3. Throwing major tantrums when she doesn’t get her way, which is pretty often. This is about to wear me out, you guys. I’m afraid it’s not going to change any time soon, either. The worst part is when she makes her whole body go limp and it’s almost impossible to pick her up off of the floor. Sometimes it makes me laugh, other times it makes me cry.
4. Becoming surprisingly opinionated and girly. These days, if I put the wrong shoes on her, she cries. If I put the wrong shoes on myself, she cries. She also wants to carry a purse around the house, wear jewelry, and brush her hair ALL THE TIME. Where did she learn this?
5. She’s also becoming more independent. She still clings to me quite a bit, but she’s starting to venture off on her own sometimes when we are out and about. Of course, I always follow behind to make sure she’s okay, but I love that she is not as scared as she used to be. I guess walking brought a newfound bravery.
She is amazing, beautiful, smart and so, so funny. I love watching her become a little girl.